Shortly after the public release of Danzig's 2010 studio effort, "Deth Red Sabaoth," frontman Glenn Danzig announced plans to record alternate renditions of songs dating back to 1970's "Garage, Metal, and Punk Rock," in what would come to be his currently untitled cover album. The first track to be officially released, "Devil's Angels" stands as a cover of the theme song featured in the 1967 Biker Film by the same name, something Danzig has apparently wished to do since the Misfits Era in 1979.
"I've wanted to record this song since 1979 this is exactly the Same arrangement I had for it back then, so it pretty much sounds like that late 70′s style of mine. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, it actually came out much better than I had hoped it would. We're going to be playing it live on some upcoming Shows."
A full track listing is destined to be released within the coming weeks, as of now, all that is known is that the album will feature cover songs by such bands and artists as Black Sabbath, and of course, Elvis Presley.
Have a listen to the first track, the cover of "Devil's Angels". This song was originally performed by Davie Allan & the Arrows for the 1967 John Cassavetes film of the same name.
You can stream it on the Danzig site here or listen to it below.
- NIGHT BIRDS "Born To Die In Suburbia" Out July 9th
- RELENTLESS To Play California's Nitty Gritty Fest
- PARKWAY DRIVE Hurley Studio Session For "Sleepwalker"
- FRENZAL RHOMB Announce NSW, TAS and VIC Dates
- BOYSETSFIRE Release Video For "Closure"
- MURDER BY DEATH Premiere "Lost River" Video
- HR Releases LIVITY PROJECT Song "Thank You"
- LO! Announce Tour With HIGH TENSION
- Hits & Pits 2.0 w/ BOYSETSFIRE NFAA JUGHEADS OWTH
- THIS IS HARDCORE 2013 Final Lineup / More JUDGE Shows