As a part of this year's Melbourne International Film Festival, the Bad Brains documentary, "A Band In DC" will be premiereing. The movie will be screening twice on both the 8th and 16th of August. Tickets are now available so get in quick.
Click here to view screening times and to grab some tickets.
Beginning life as a jazz/funk-fusion act, Bad Brains went on to become one of the most innovative and influential hardcore punk bands on the planet. Their impact can be heard in groups as diverse as Nirvana, Fugazi, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Beastie Boys, and their unique hybrid of blistering punk and melodic reggae is unmatched to this day.
So how did a bunch of Rastafarians end up spearheading an entire generation of punk musicians? Bad Brains: A Band in DC traces the evolution of the band from the mid-70s through until today, charting their record label woes, multiple break-ups, frontman HR’s battles with mental illness, extraordinary live shows and more. Featuring commentary from Henry Rollins, Ian MacKaye, Dave Grohl and the late Adam Yauch among others, interwoven with rare archival footage from some of the band’s most incendiary early performances and current interviews with band members, the film reconstructs the group’s complicated history and rich legacy.
A must for punk fans.
- JUDGE Reunion Footage From BLACK N BLUE BOWL
- BEAVER Needs You For 80s Skate Videoclip Shoot
- Download BRIDGE NINE 32 Track Sampler
- SMITH STREET BAND / JOYCE MANOR / CHEAP GIRLS Tour
- OUTSIDERS CODE "Exiled From Birth" Launch Show
- APART FROM THIS To Play "In Gloom" At Release Show
- New ALPHA & OMEGA Song Off "No Rest, No Peace"
- DEFEATER To Release "Letters Home" On July 16th
- COSMIC PYSCHOS Documentary Secures Cinema Screening
- FLAG "My War" Video Clip From The Moose Lodge